News archive 2016
Amy Buchan, University of Strathclyde graduate and teacher at Callander Primary School, is the 2016 winner of the George D Gray Award presented annually by the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS).
Congratulations to all those who graduated from the School of Education on the 9th November.
The School of Education has risen two places in the Complete University Guide for 2016 from 7th to 5th place among UK teacher education institutions.
The Contemporary Childhood Conference on the theme of Young Citizens and Society: Fostering Civic Participation was a big success on the 2nd and 3rd September. The School of Education welcomed delegates from the USA, Australia, Europe, Asia and the UK.
Professor David Kirk gave a keynote address to the 6th International Teaching Games for Understanding Conference held at the German Sports University in Cologne 25-27 July.
Capacity within Scottish local authorities to deliver the Government’s flagship policy “Language learning in Scotland: A 1+2 approach” was increased recently through a week-long training course at the University of Strathclyde.
Strathclyde University hosted the cross-sector seminar TranForming Research Practice : Towards Best Practice in Transgender and Non-binary Inclusive Social Research.
The School of Education was proud to host a public lecture on June 16th given by Professor Michael Apple.
Everyone at the School of Education would like to extend their warmest congratulations to all those who graduated in June.
The Routledge journal Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy (PESP), edited by Professor David Kirk, has achieved a notable rise in the Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) rankings.
The School of Education is pleased to welcome another new colleague. Dr Karsten Kenklies joined the University recently and is a welcome addition to the School.
The School of Education is proud to be hosting Professor Michael Apple as Visiting Professor during June. He will deliver a public lecture "Are Current Educational Reforms Really Democratic?" on June 16th at 6pm in the Technology and Innovation Centre (TIC). Please register by Friday 3 June 2016.
- Course Leader Nominated for Award
- Young Poets Multilingual Talents Celebrated
- Developing Teacher Leadership
- New Job for Education Graduate Louise
- Literacy Club - Kieran Gemmel
- Professor Michael Apple to visit the School of Education
- Nadia Ghanim's Play On Experience
- How Social Inequalities Affect Access to Higher Education
- Anderston Primary School and The Children’s University
- Confucius Institute's Professional Learning Conference 2016
- British Council Language Teachers
- Staff Development - Al Jouf University
- Out Now : New Publications
- Radical Reform for Physical Education
- News from Autism Network Scotland Jan 2016
- Fab Lab
- Welcome to our Nanjing Students
- Student Exchange Opportunity to China
- Welcome to our Chinese Visitors
- The Scottish Educational Review Best Paper Award
- Educational Philosophy for a Post-secular Age
- TransForming Research
- Professor Diane Mayer Visit
- SCILT Business Brunches
- David Stow Inaugural Lecture 2016
- New staff Jan 2016
- Scottish Languages Review Winter 2015