School of Education Resources Centre
Find resources to plan lessons - they are reference only so will be here when you need them:
- Teachers' handbooks
- Lesson plans for all subject areas - maths, language, citizenship etc
- Reading schemes, maths schemes
- Key texts - Scottish Education, Curriculum for Excellence etc
A smartboard is available for you to use in the centre.
It is a great way to familiarise yourself with the technology in a relaxed environment.
Training is available for the smartboard and sessions last about 40 minutes. Book a session. (Sessions are added throughout the year but if none of the dates or times suit then email me to arrange a time.
- 3 computers
- Plug points on floor for laptops, mobile phone charging
- Coin-operated photocopier (can scan into email address for free)
- Pens, glue, scissors etc
Plan lessons and meet other students
A great place to plan lessons, discuss ideas, practise presentations and to meet students from different courses.
Informal atmosphere for collaborative group work in a place where you are surrounded by all the resources you need for teaching practice and examples of major projects.
We are always happy to welcome visitors to the centre. Students who are now teachers have often brought groups of teachers from their school to visit to see the range of resources available. Please get in touch to arrange a convenient time.