Sunday 12 July - Saturday 25 July 2020
Attending our summer school will develop your English language skills and the academic programme offers innovative teaching and practice-oriented learning which will prepare you for full-time study in an English-speaking environment.
- May 31: Applications close
- June: Preparation and pre-departure information
- July 10: Travel to UK for programme beginning July 12
- July 25: Programme ends
- 16 hours of English Language
- 12 hours of academic classes covering communication, culture and politics
- Field trips to Edinburgh Castle, Glasgow’s Museums and Galleries, Loch Lomond
- Practical Project
- Completion Certificate and Language Assessment (end of course)
- University Accommodation in Glasgow’s city centre
The curriculum will cover three themes and you will explore these through tailored language classes, academic content and field trips.
- Theme 1: UK Politics
- Theme 2: History, Heritage and Literature
- Theme 3: Communication and New Media
- Theme 4: Business and Management
Assessment will take place through group discussion, classroom activities, question and answer sessions under the guidance of a tutor.
Students from mainland China are required to provide a transcript showing they have a GPA higher than 2.5 or a China's College English Test (CET) Level 4 English. The University of Strathclyde will waive the English language requirement for students from Hong Kong or Macau.
The class size will not be larger than 40.
This programme is intended as a guide and is subject to change.
|Sunday 12 July||Arrive||Check-in to student accommodation||Free|
|Monday 13 July||City Tour||Welcome & Induction||Traditional Scottish Dinner|
|Tuesday 14 July||English Class||Introduction to UK Politics||Free|
|Wednesday 15 July||English Class||Education in Scotland||Bowling|
|Thursday 16 July||English Class||Glasgow's Economy||Free|
|Friday 17 July||Cultural Visit||Cultural Visit||Edinburgh|
|Saturday 18 July||Free||Free||Free|
|Sunday 19 July||Free||Free||Free|
|Monday 20 July||English Class||Scottish Literature||Free|
|Tuesday 21 July||English Class||Communication||Free|
|Wednesday 22 July||English Class||Visit to Loch Lomond & Loch Katrine||Social Event|
|Thursday 23 July||English Class||Preparation time for English Assessment||Ceilidh Dance|
|Friday 24 July||English Assessment||Closing Ceremony||Closing Dinner|
|Saturday 25 July||Check-out||Depart|