Rewards & benefits
The University of Strathclyde offer staff a wide range of outstanding benefits that include financial rewards, family friendly and wellbeing benefits and career development opportunities. Click on a heading to find out more.
Employment at the University of Strathclyde offers a number of financial awards.
- Competitive salaries with increments awarded annually until the top guaranteed point is reached. Following this there are contribution points that can be achieved through evidenced exceptional performance
- Holiday entitlement of 27 days (Grade 5 and below) or 31 days (Grade 6 and above)
- An additional 11 public holiday entitlement
- Membership of the Universities Superannuation Scheme which includes a generous employer contribution of 18%
- Eligibility for removal and resettlement expenses where relocating from afar
Committed to being a ‘place of useful learning’, the University puts great emphasis on the learning and development of all our staff.
- Professional development support and a wide range of courses provided via the University’s Organisation and Staff Development Unit (OSDU) and other in-house training providers
- Reduced or remitted fees on a number of vocational and non-vocational courses
- Access to the University Library’s facilities and resources
The University is committed to promoting and improving a healthy work-life balance for employees and we offer a number of benefits to staff with families.
- A generous maternity leave scheme that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- A generous paternity leave scheme that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- Adoption leave policy that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- Options for flexible working
- Parental leave for qualifying staff
- Childcare Voucher Scheme Policy operates as a salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to make savings on tax and national insurance contributions
- On-campus nursery, run by Childcare Scotland, is available for children from 3 months to pre-school. You will have peace of mind knowing that you are close at hand if required.
The University places high importance on the safety, wellbeing and health of all our staff and offer a range of facilities and services to facilitate this.
Reduced rates of membership to the University's Centre for Sport and Recreation.
Access to a wide number of Health & Wellbeing events that take place regularly across the campus.
Access to the Occupational Health Service and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
|Cycle to Work Scheme operates as a salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to make savings on tax and national insurance contributions.|
- Student Experience & Enhancement Services
- Print Services
- Estates Services
- Finance Directorate
- Human Resources Directorate
- Internal Audit
- Research & Knowledge Exchange Services