Rewards & benefits
The University of Strathclyde offer staff a wide range of outstanding benefits that include financial rewards, family friendly and wellbeing benefits and career development opportunities. Click on a heading to find out more.
Employment at the University of Strathclyde offers a number of financial awards.
- Competitive salaries with increments awarded annually until the top guaranteed point is reached. Following this there are contribution points that can be achieved through evidenced exceptional performance
- Holiday entitlement of 27 days (Grade 5 and below) or 31 days (Grade 6 and above)
- An additional 11 public holiday entitlement
- Membership of the Universities Superannuation Scheme which includes a generous employer contribution of 18%
- Eligibility for removal and resettlement expenses where relocating from afar
Committed to being a ‘place of useful learning’, the University puts great emphasis on the learning and development of all our staff.
- Professional development support and a wide range of courses provided via the University’s Organisation and Staff Development Unit (OSDU) and other in-house training providers
- Reduced or remitted fees on a number of vocational and non-vocational courses
- Access to the University Library’s facilities and resources
The University is committed to promoting and improving a healthy work-life balance for employees and we offer a number of benefits to staff with families.
- A generous maternity leave scheme that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- A generous paternity leave scheme that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- Adoption leave policy that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- Options for flexible working
- Parental leave for qualifying staff
- Childcare Voucher Scheme Policy operates as a salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to make savings on tax and national insurance contributions
- On-campus nursery, run by Childcare Scotland, is available for children from 3 months to pre-school. You will have peace of mind knowing that you are close at hand if required
- see our family-friendly policies and procedures for more details
The University places high importance on the safety, wellbeing and health of all our staff and offer a range of facilities and services to facilitate this.
Reduced rates of membership to the University's Centre for Sport and Recreation.
Access to a wide number of Health & Wellbeing events that take place regularly across the campus.
Access to the Occupational Health Service and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
|Cycle to Work Scheme operates as a salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to make savings on tax and national insurance contributions.|
- Student Experience & Enhancement Services
- Print Services
- Estates Services
- Finance Directorate
- Human Resources Directorate