Click and Collect service
Staff and students of the University of Strathclyde can now request books through the Library catalogue, with collection available from Monday 27 July.
Please note: This is a limited contact service.
How to use Click and Collect
- Go to SUPrimo Library Search
- Click the 'sign in' link and log in using your DS username and password.
- Use SUPrimo to search for the item/s you'd like to request. Contact us if you need help finding the items you need.
You may request a maximum of 10 physical items at a time from:
- Standard and 1 Week loans
- Short loan
- Media and media kits
- Children’s books and giant picture books
- Store lending
- Maps and atlases lending
- Royal Scottish Geographical Society lending
Our electronic resources continue to be available to all staff and students.
- Find the item you want and click 'get it'.
- Click the 'Request' link and follow the instructions.
If you place your request before 15:00 Monday–Friday, we will aim to have your items ready for collection by 11:00 the next working day.
We will email you when your items are ready to collect.
If we are unable to fulfill your request, we will tell you this, too. If this happens, our Library staff can advise you on alternative titles if you wish.
Once we have emailed you to tell you your items are ready to pick up, please come to the Reservation Pick up Point in the Short Loan area to collect them.
We will hold your items for a maximum of 4 days (not including days we are closed). If you have not collected your items within 4 days we will return them to the shelves so that others may request them.
You can collect your books from the Reservation Pick up Point in the Short Loan area on Level 3 of the Library. The item(s) will be filed under your name and can be borrowed using the self service issue kiosk in the Short Loan area.
Items can be collected at any point during the Library opening hours however please wait until we have emailed you to confirm that they are available.
Click and Collect options for people who are shielding
If you are shielding or have a health condition which makes you vulnerable and are unable to collect items in person please contact email@example.com and we can arrange for someone else to collect your item or for the item to be posted to you.
Health and safety
The health and safety our students and staff is our top priority. Items returned to the Library will have been quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before being made available for click and collect.
When collecting your items, please:
- Keep a two metre distance from others not from your household.
- Wear a face covering if you would like to.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided.