There are 19 bookable discussion rooms in the Library.
- Five small discussion rooms on Level 2
- Four large group discussion rooms on Level 2
- Five small group discussion rooms on Level 4
- Five small group discussion rooms on Level 5
Large group discussion rooms are for use by groups of 2-7 people. These rooms are numbered:
- CU200C, and
Small group discussion rooms are for use by a maximum of 3 people. These rooms are:
- CU404-408, and
Book a room
You can book a room up to 2 weeks in advance:
- You can book slots from 1 hour to 2 hours maximum
- You are permitted 1 booking per day
- You will receive an email confirmation with booking room PIN number immediately after placing your booking
- You will need your student card and your booking room PIN to access your Group Discussion room
- Any member of your group may access the room with their student card and the PIN received as confirmation of your booking
Important things to know
- Your booking will automatically be cancelled if you arrive later than 10 minutes after your booking has started and the room will be released for others to use.
- Failing to fulfil your room booking three times will result in you being banned from placing a new booking for 7 days.
- You must enter your room booking PIN when taking up your booking. The system will know the room is occupied and will not send you a warning for not taking up your booking.
- If you no longer need your room booking, please remember to cancel it online.
Conditions of use
- By booking a discussion room you are taking responsibility for the room and equipment for the duration of the time it is booked to you.
- To ensure bookings run to time, please clear the room promptly.
- The large Group Discussion rooms must be used by 2 or more people. They are not intended for single study use.
- Only use the chairs and table provided in the room, do not bring in furniture from other areas of the Library.
- Leave the room clean and tidy.
- It is important to tell us if you find any problems with the room or equipment.