We may have had to make changes to the services detailed on this page due to COVID–19 restrictions.
Please see our Coronavirus information page for the latest updates.
There are 19 bookable discussion rooms in the Library.
- Five small discussion rooms on Level 2
- Four large group discussion rooms on Level 2
- Five small group discussion rooms on Level 4
- Five small group discussion rooms on Level 5
Large group discussion rooms are for use by groups of 2-7 people. These rooms are numbered:
- CU200C, and
Small group discussion rooms are for use by a maximum of 3 people. These rooms are:
- CU404-408, and
Book a room
You can book a room up to 2 weeks in advance:
- You can book slots from 1 hour to 2 hours maximum
- You are permitted 1 booking per day
- You will receive an email confirmation with booking room PIN number immediately after placing your booking
- You will need your student card and your booking room PIN to access your Group Discussion room
- Any member of your group may access the room with their student card and the PIN received as confirmation of your booking
Important things to know
- Your booking will automatically be cancelled if you arrive later than 10 minutes after your booking has started and the room will be released for others to use.
- Failing to fulfil your room booking three times will result in you being banned from placing a new booking for 7 days.
- You must enter your room booking PIN when taking up your booking. The system will know the room is occupied and will not send you a warning for not taking up your booking.
- If you no longer need your room booking, please remember to cancel it online.
Conditions of use
- By booking a discussion room you are taking responsibility for the room and equipment for the duration of the time it is booked to you.
- To ensure bookings run to time, please clear the room promptly.
- The large Group Discussion rooms must be used by 2 or more people. They are not intended for single study use.
- Only use the chairs and table provided in the room, do not bring in furniture from other areas of the Library.
- Leave the room clean and tidy.
- It is important to tell us if you find any problems with the room or equipment.