Membership of the Advanced Forming Research Centre (AFRC) is open to all companies from associated sectors, regardless of size.
Becoming a member of the AFRC offers businesses many opportunities, not least involvement in a world-leading research programme.
Members of the AFRC work closely with the centre. They are in a prime position to take advantage of all that it offers, from world-class equipment to access to industry experts. The centre also acts as the gateway to the wider University of Strathclyde and HVM Catapult.
Tier one membership
- Shape and direct the core research programme ensuring it meets the needs of industry
- Use of the intellectual property resulting from the core programme
- A representative on both the AFRC governing and technical boards
- Setting the agenda and strategic direction of the centre
- All the benefits of tier 2 membership
Tier two membership
- Representative on the AFRC's technical board
- Networking events
- Marketing and media exposure
- Showcase capabilities to AFRC visitors – over 3,500 industry stakeholders per year
- Opportunity to negotiate license agreements for use of core research intellectual property
- Close working relationship with tier 1 members and other supply chain partners
- The opportunity to test or develop new products or services using the AFRC’s unique capabilities and production scale equipment