Physical activity for healthGlobalisation & non-communicable diseases
Our research aims to describe the scale of the problem of low physical activity and high sedentary behaviour within a worldwide context including low-middle income countries, and to develop and evaluate solutions.
All our research staff focus towards having an international outlook within research activity in the following areas:
- Child and adolescent physical activity and obesity in low-middle income countries - Professor John Reilly
- Adherence to physical activity/sedentary behaviour in ethnic groups at risk of or with diabetes - Dr Alison Kirk
- Adherence to 24-hour movement behaviours (physical activity, sedentary behaviour and sleep) in low and middle income countries – Dr Xanne Janssen
- Adherence to physical activity/sedentary behaviour in older adults with/without frailty from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds – Dr Alexandra Mavroeidi
- Adaptations of evidence-based programmes for low resource settings - Dr. D Harrington