This research programme applies our expertise to:
- the challenges posed by ‘austerity politics’ to the making of public policy
- the performance of public policy programmes
- the legitimisation of such programmes in increasingly fragmented societies
- prospects for a post-austerity world.
As part of our research, the European Policies Research Centre continues to examine national and EU regional development policies and innovation policies under crisis conditions.
Other research includes:
- the application of social choice theory to severely divided societies
- a project that includes empirical research on the far-right,
- research on public responses to economic crisis management