My name is Darío Luis Banegas and I am a Lecturer in TESOL with the School of Education, University of Strathclyde. My teaching experience with young learners and (future) teachers comes from Argentina. In Argentina, I worked as a primary and secondary English-as-a-foreign-language teacher, teacher educator in BA and MA programmes, and as a curriculum developer with the Ministerio de Educación del Chubut.
I am a visiting lecturer at universities in South America (Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador) and Europe (Spain and the UK) particularly in the areas of CLIL (Content and language integrated learning), language curriculum development, and educational action research.
My main areas of expertise and interest include: CLIL, teaching young learners, initial English language teacher education, and professional development through action research.
I am passionate about teaching modules and courses related to CLIL, ELT methods and approaches, action research in language education, and linguistics for language education.
I am involved in delivering the following modules:
- Term 1: Contemporary issues in language teaching
- Term 2: Curriculum development in TESOL (module leader); Knowledge about language (module leader); Developing language and communicative skills; & Practitioner enquiry for professional learning.
My current research interests include: the role of linguistics (and its branches) in teachers' professional knowledge, practices, and identity; CLIL in Latin America; curriculum development for English language teacher education; diversity in English language teaching; and approaches for continuing professional development in language education.
- BAAL 2021 Conference
- Latin American Journal of Content and Language Integrated Learning (Journal)
- XII Coloquio Internacional sobre Investigación en Lenguas Extranjeras (CIILE)
- Bringing the school curriculum into the EFL curriculum
- TESOL Colombia IV
- Keynote/plenary speaker
- Who's afraid of the words literature review?
More professional activities
- Preparing future teachers for different CLIL models: An in-depth investigation of two cases
- Banegas, Dario (Principal Investigator)
- 10-Jan-2020 - 29-Jan-2022
Lord Hope Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map