- The development and implementation of 'Teaching Scotland's Future'
- Teacher engagement with research: a confused agenda?
- Measuring student teachers’ development of metacognition and self-regulated learning in professional dialogue
- Teachers engaging in and with research: bonding, bridging and linking
- ‘Partnership is a daft concept’: Policy implementation and the role of the myth in Scottish education
- Policy networks in Scottish teacher education reform: the myth of democracy
more professional activities
- An exploration of the role of visual professional learning tools in teacher professional learning
- Beck, Anna (Principal Investigator) Huang, Alan (Research Co-investigator)
- 10-Jan-2018 - 28-Jan-2019
- School and University Research Enquiry
- Sosu, Edward (Co-investigator) Firth, Jonathan William (Co-investigator) Beck, Anna (Co-investigator) Klein, Markus (Co-investigator) Donohoe, Claire (Co-investigator) McGavigan, Hilary (Co-investigator) Martin, Phil (Co-investigator)
- The School and University Research Enquiry project (SURE) aims to bridge the gap between education research and practice. It will investigate the Scottish Attainment Challenge and the ‘what works’ agenda in terms of specific school interventions. In April 2017, the Scottish Government published their Research Strategy for Scottish Education, which stressed the need for a focus on “increasing the levels of collaboration and communication between all actors within the education system". SURE is contributing to this goal via a school-university collaborative study exploring Headteachers’ relationship with
research and gaining an understanding of their choices of interventions employed in their schools, with reference to PEF funding. Researchers on the project represent two Glasgow schools as well as the University of Strathclyde.
- Measuring Quality in Initial Teacher Education (MQuITE):
- Adams, Paul (Principal Investigator) Beck, Anna (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2017 - 31-Jan-2019
- Teacher engagement with research: exploring the development of a school-based research centre
- Beck, Anna (Principal Investigator)
- 21-Jan-2016 - 04-Jan-2017
Lord Hope Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map