Stuart McIntyre is a lecturer in the Department of Economics. He is affiliated with the Fraser of Allander Institute, and is a Faculty Research Affiliate at the Regional Research Institute at West Virginia University.
Stuart has research interests in regional/spatial economics and energy/environment/natural resource economics.
He is very willing to supervise suitably qualified PhD students in his fields of interest.
Stuart will also provide economic advice on a consultancy basis.
Stuart currently teaches classes on Introduction to Economics (yr1); Microeconomics (yr 3); and organises the Global Energy Forum class based on industry engagement seminars.
Stuart's personal website is here.
Has expertise in:
- Regional economics and spatial econometrics
- Applied microeconometrics
- Energy, environmental and natural resource economics
I am very happy to supervise suitably qualified PhD students in these areas; please get in touch if you want to discuss a potential research project.
Prizes and awards
- 2nd Place in Annual Epainos Prize at ERSA Conference
more prizes and awards
I am the lecturer in charge of the 1st year undergraduate class: Introduction to economics, and I teach on the Microeconomics 3 undergraduate class. I also supervise honours year dissertations in a number of topic areas.
I supervise a range of MSc GEM Summer Projects, MSc Applied Economics dissertations, MBA Projects, and mini-projects for the DTC in Wind Energy Systems.
My main areas of research interest relate to regional economics, environmental and energy economics, and applied spatial econometrics.
- British and Irish Association of Regional Science (External organisation)
- RSAI:BIS (External organisation)
- Regional Research Institute (External organisation)
more professional activities
- Strathclyde - ESRC/SE Government Collaborative Transition DTG | McIntyre, Stuart
- Swales, John (Principal Investigator) Turner, Karen (Co-investigator) McIntyre, Stuart (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2009 - 25-Feb-2013
- Doctoral training centre in wind energy systems | Connolly, Kevin
- Allan, Grant (Principal Investigator) McIntyre, Stuart (Co-investigator) Connolly, Kevin (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2013 - 01-Oct-2017