Stuart McIntyre is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Economics. He is affiliated with the Fraser of Allander Institute, and is a Faculty Research Affiliate at the Regional Research Institute at West Virginia University.
Stuart has research interests in applied economics, regional and spatial economics.
He is very willing to supervise suitably qualified PhD students in his fields of interest.
Stuart will also provide economic advice on a consultancy basis.
Stuart currently teaches classes on Introduction to Economics (yr1); Microeconomics (yr 3); Quantiative Methods (MRes).
Stuart's personal website with the latest information on his latest research is accessible here.
I am the lecturer in charge of the 1st year undergraduate class: Introduction to economics, and I teach on the Microeconomics 3 undergraduate class. I also deliver the Quantitive Methods training on the MRes programme in the Business School. I also supervise honours year dissertations in a number of topic areas.
I supervise a range of MSc GEM Summer Projects, MSc Applied Economics dissertations, MBA Projects, and mini-projects for the DTC in Wind Energy Systems.
My main areas of research interest relate to applied economics, with applications in regional economics, environmental and energy economics, applied microeconomics and spatial econometrics.
- British and Irish Association of Regional Science (External organisation)
- RSAI:BIS (External organisation)
- Regional Research Institute (External organisation)
more professional activities
- Class Size and Human Capital Accumulation
- Gehrsitz, Markus (Principal Investigator) McIntyre, Stuart (Co-investigator) Roy, Graeme (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 28-Jan-2021
- Econometric Evaluation of HIE and SE Grants
- McIntyre, Stuart (Principal Investigator) Gehrsitz, Markus (Co-investigator) Roy, Graeme (Co-investigator)
- 02-Jan-2018 - 31-Jan-2019
- Labour market transitions of low paid workers in the UK (JARA Studentship)
- McIntyre, Stuart (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 30-Jan-2021
- Research to estimate the cost of a child in Scotland
- Roy, Graeme (Principal Investigator) Farrugia, Ben (Co-investigator) McInally, Lauren (Co-investigator) McIntyre, Stuart (Co-investigator)
- 18-Jan-2018 - 03-Jan-2018
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind & Marine Energy Systems | Garba, Ifeoluwa
- Bellingham, Richard (Principal Investigator) McIntyre, Stuart (Co-investigator) Garba, Ifeoluwa (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2015 - 01-Jan-2019
- Doctoral training centre in wind energy systems | Connolly, Kevin
- Allan, Grant (Principal Investigator) McIntyre, Stuart (Co-investigator) Connolly, Kevin (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2013 - 12-Jan-2019