Krishna joined the University of Strathclyde in 2011 as a Professor of Empirical Finance. He undertook the responsibilities of the Head of Accounting & Finance Department in August 2013 and continued with it until September 2017. Since October 2016, he has undertaken the duties of Vice-Dean (Research) of Strathclyde Business School.
Prior to moving to academia Krishna served in Foreign Exchange and Research departments of the Nepal Rastra Bank (the central bank of Nepal). In 1993 he joined Glasgow Caledonian University as a Lecturer and was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 1995 and to a Professor of Finance in 1996. In 2000 he moved to the University of Durham and to the University of Leeds in 2008.
My specialisations are in the areas of corporate financial decisions, investments and market microstructure.
I have published over 50 papers in various journals including Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, and Journal of Financial Research.
Editor of Encyclopedia of Management (Finance Volume), 3rd edition, 2015, Wiley
- Encyclopedia of Management 3, volume 4: Finance (Journal)
- Invited talk at AUT, New Zealand, December 2010
- Invited speaker
- European Financial Management (Journal)
- Guest editor
- Review of Behavioral Finance (Journal)
- Chulalongkorn University
- Visiting researcher
more professional activities
- KTP - BIP Solutions
- Andriosopoulos, Dimitris (Principal Investigator) Hillier, David (Co-investigator) Paudyal, Krishna (Co-investigator) Tang, Leilei (Co-investigator)
- Period 25-Jan-2016 - 24-Apr-2018
- marketing activities in relation to corporate treasury activities
- Paudyal, Krishna (Principal Investigator) Marshall, Andrew (Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2013 - 30-Sep-2015
Accounting and Finance
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map