I am a Senior Lecturer in Information Science and the Course Director for the MSc/PGDip in Information and Library Studies in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences.
My research areas include non-text information indexing and retrieval, qualitative methods for visual information, Emotional Information Retrieval (EmIR), information organisation, user behaviours on social media, and online health information preferences.
You can view my full CV at https://personal.cis.strath.ac.uk/diane.pennington/.
I teach Organisation of Knowledge as well as Library Technology & Systems for our MSc/PGDip in Information and Library Studies. I also supervise MSc and PhD research projects.
Prior to arriving at the University of Strathclyde, I taught classes in research methods and statistics, online searching, systems analysis, social media for libraries, database design, web usability, web development, metadata, indexing/abstracting, and cataloguing/classification.
- Non-text information indexing and retrieval
- Information organisation
- Emotional Information Retrieval (EmIR)
- Information engagement
- Online health information preferences
- Evidence Based Library and Information Practice
- Developing and applying theoretical frameworks to your research
- How can we best design online mental health resources?
- Social media in the classroom
- From sentiment analysis to choreography of emotions: Social media analysis for improved customer relationship management (CRM) in Omani telecom sector
- Navigating Social Systems: Information Behaviour in Refugee Integration
More professional activities
- Finding solutions to advance digital health for addressing unmet needs in relation to self-harming
- Pennington, Diane (Principal Investigator)
- 02-Jan-2018 - 01-Jan-2018
- Shifting paradigms for dementia: Involving people living with dementia across research, policy and practice
- Gibson, Grant (Principal Investigator) Pennington, Diane (Co-investigator)
- Funded by the Scottish Universities Insight Institute Programmes of Knowledge Exchange (£17,502.50)
- 01-Jan-2017 - 28-Jan-2018
Computer and Information Sciences
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map