I am a Lecturer in Information Science and the Course Director for the MSc/PGDip in Information and Library Studies in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences.
My research areas include non-text information indexing and retrieval, qualitative methods for visual information, Emotional Information Retrieval (EmIR), information organisation, user behaviours on social media, and online health information preferences.
You can view my full CV at https://personal.cis.strath.ac.uk/diane.pennington/.
I teach Organisation of Knowledge as well as Library Technology & Systems for our MSc/PGDip in Information and Library Studies. I also supervise MSc and PhD research projects.
Prior to arriving at the University of Strathclyde, I taught classes in research methods and statistics, online searching, systems analysis, social media for libraries, database design, web usability, web development, metadata, indexing/abstracting, and cataloguing/classification.
- Non-text information indexing and retrieval
- Information organisation
- Emotional Information Retrieval (EmIR)
- Information engagement
- Online health information preferences
- Chartered Institute for Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) (External organisation)
- Association for Library and Information Science Education
- External Reviewer for Lecturer in Visual Communication/Information Design
- External Examiner
- CILIPS - Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals - Scotland- - Autumn Gathering
- Association for Information Science and Technology
- Scottish Ecosystem for Innovation: Dementia Technology & Services
more professional activities
- Finding solutions to advance digital health for addressing unmet needs in relation to self-harming
- Pennington, Diane (Principal Investigator)
- Period 01-Jan-2018 - 30-Jun-2018
- Shifting paradigms for dementia: Involving people living with dementia across research, policy and practice
- Pennington, Diane (Co-investigator)
- Funded by the Scottish Universities Insight Institute Programmes of Knowledge Exchange (£17,502.50)
- Period 01-Aug-2017 - 28-Feb-2018
Computer and Information Sciences
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map