I'm a Senior Lecturer and Director of Knowledge Exchange in Civil and Environmental Engineering, and leader of the Civil Automation group in the same department.
My research interests relate to the development of sensors and automated systems for monitoring and repairing civil infrastructure. For more information, please see my group's website: http://personal.strath.ac.uk/m.perry/
CL137/EO105 Fundamentals of Civil Engineering Engineering / Mechanics and Materials. This first year course teaches students how to derive, apply and understand relationships in continuum mechanics. We cover: stress and strain in three dimensions; ductile, brittle and plastic material stress-strain behaviour; construction material mechanical behaviour; concrete mix design; financial costs and sustainability of engineering materials.
CL313 Concrete Mix Design. This third year course provides students with an understanding of the methods that can be used to achieve a concrete mix with desired wet and cured properties. The course includes practical considerations of the cost, availability and environmental impact of standard and novel materials.
Professional Communication. This course provides students with skills and hands-on experience to improve their effectiveness in oral presentations, seminar engagement, report writing and displaying numerical data. Taught to students at the Shanghai University of Electric Power (SUEP) and Northeast Dianli University (NEDU) in China.
- Tunneling Journal: The future of infrastructure and robotically printed self-sensing cement
- Faculty Robotics and Automation Users Group Discussion
- Concrete Magazine: Structural health monitoring
- Highways Magazine: Structural health monitoring
- ICE: Structural health monitoring of infrastructure with sensors
More professional activities
- Digital Twin-driven Risk Assessment and Monitoring of Suction Caisson Installation Under Soil Plug Hazard
- Suryasentana, Stephen (Principal Investigator) Perry, Marcus (Co-investigator)
- 31-Jan-2023 - 30-Jan-2024
- Doctoral Training Partnership 2020-2021 University of Strathclyde | Williams, Benjamin
- Suryasentana, Stephen (Principal Investigator) Perry, Marcus (Co-investigator) Williams, Benjamin (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 01-Jan-2025
- VIP4SD: Building Pandemic Resilience (£10K)
- Perry, Marcus (Principal Investigator) Roberts, Jen (Co-investigator) Morse, Tracy (Co-investigator) Vlachakis, Christos (Research Co-investigator)
- This VIP4SD project will develop methods of using Indoor Environmental Quality metrics to rapidly inform best practice for managing and designing buildings to enhance the health and wellbeing of occupants, initially by informing short- and long- term COVID-19 disaster responses.
- ANRC 33 ALICS - Adaptive Lighting for Inspection of Concrete Structures
- Perry, Marcus (Principal Investigator) Dobie, Gordon (Co-investigator) Wallace, Christopher (Co-investigator)
- 19-Jan-2021 - 18-Jan-2023
- NMIS/COWI/HE PhD Studentship
- Perry, Marcus (Principal Investigator)
- 04-Jan-2019 - 03-Jan-2023
- Towards more Earthquake-resilient Urban Societies through a Multi-sensor-based Information System enabling Earthquake Forecasting, Early Warning and Rapid Response Systems (TURNKEY)
- Douglas, John (Principal Investigator) Perry, Marcus (Co-investigator) Roberts, Jen (Co-investigator) Tubaldi, Enrico (Co-investigator) Zonta, Daniele (Co-investigator)
- Towards more Earthquake-resilient Urban Societies through a Multi-sensor-based Information System enabling Earthquake Forecasting, Early Warning and Rapid Response actions
- 01-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2022
Civil and Environmental Engineering
University of Strathclyde
in a larger map