Seconded to the Office of the Vice Principal (2017-present)
Undertake duties to support the Vice Prinicpal's portfolio in Learning and Teaching.
Chair of Strathclyde Online (2017-present)
Committee which oversees the coordination and development of digital education activity across the institution with the aim of realizing opportunities, maximizing connectivity and support.
Vice Dean Academic, Faculty of Science (2015-present)
Responsible for the strategic development of teaching and learning in the Faculty of Science, playing a key role in the development of the Faculty academic plan and guiding departments in determining their academic strategy to support this plan.
Key areas of activity include:
- student recruitment
- curriculum development
- learning enhancement
- widening participation
- quality assurance
My research interests centre on the enhancement of learning and teaching within the following areas of focus:
- Student Transitions in Higher Education
- Students as Partners in Academic Development
- Personal Development Planning
- Widening Participation
Previously, my research profile centred on the synthesis of ferrocene derivatives and metal carbonyl complexes and their use as chiral auxiliaries in asymmetric synthesis.
- School of Mechanical Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, India
- Visiting researcher
- Employability Skills: A Comparative Study Between Scotland and Australia
- University of Swansea
- Visiting researcher
- From Trainee Technician to Vice Dean Academic (and everything in between!)
- Scottish Institute for Enterprise
- Graduate and Degree Apprenticeship Schemes and the Challenges Presented by Covid-19
More professional activities
- Analysis of the Institutional Employability Audit
- Willison, Debra (Principal Investigator) Williams, Manuela (Principal Investigator)
- £2901.60 internal funding to support employment of a student intern to analyze the results of the institutional employability audit.
- 07-Jan-2021 - 30-Jan-2021
- Building Student Resilience in HE: A Strathclyde Toolkit
- Willison, Debra (Principal Investigator) English, Rosanne (Principal Investigator)
- £2000 QAA Enhancement Theme funding on Student Resilience will support the employment of 4 student interns to develop a toolkit of resources for students and staff at Strathclyde.
- 07-Jan-2021 - 06-Jan-2022
- DiversiChem: Enhancing the Career Readiness of BGE Pupils for the Chemistry Profession: Scientists are not all “white men in white coats”
- Scott, Fraser (Principal Investigator) Willison, Debra (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 13-Jan-2022
- National Project for BGE Pupils: Global Challenges of Clean Water
- Willison, Debra (Principal Investigator) Davidson, Christine (Co-investigator) Scott, Fraser (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 01-Jan-2020
- National Project for BGE Pupils: Analysis of Soil in Scottish Schools
- Willison, Debra (Principal Investigator) Davidson, Christine (Co-investigator)
- 21-Jan-2017 - 31-Jan-2018
- Enhancing Student Transition from Study to Employment Through Student Driven Engagement with Alumni
- Willison, Debra (Principal Investigator)
- QAA funding to allow a student intern to support the establishment of Alumni Clubs in each department in Science.
- 05-Jan-2017 - 03-Jan-2018
Pure and Applied Chemistry
Thomas Graham Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map