- Professional Pilot training course -Reversing Engineering for Additive Manufacturing （Pilot）Certificate of Achievement, awarded by MTC (National Centre Additive Manufacturing)
- IMechE Technical Report Writing
- Professional training course: Additive Manufacturing Inspector Qualification (Pilot), Certificate of Completion, awarded by Lloyd’s Register EMEA & TWI(UK)
- Journal of Vibration Engineering & Technologies (Journal)
- Peer reviewer
- 2019 International Conference on Lightweight Materials and Manufacture (LMM 2019)
- The 9th EASN International Conference on Innovation in Aviation & Space
More professional activities
- AFRC_CATP_1778_REMAKE TestBed_LMD PROCESS CONTROL DEVELOPMENT
- Zeng, Quanren (Principal Investigator) Reimer, Andreas (Researcher) Foster, Jim (Co-investigator) Devine, Ryan (Co-investigator) MacFadden, Conor (Co-investigator) Payne, Grant (Co-investigator)
- The existing LMD Hybrid machine at AFRC has the capability of producing or remaking various components with low material usage for complex geometries. We hope to exploit both experimental and modelling based strategies in order to FURTHER develop the AFRC’s capability in using LMD, with a particular focus on manufacturing process monitor and control.
The aim of this project is to develop both the control and understanding of the LMD-p process for the AFRC’s LMD Hybrid Machine by equipping it with different hardware/software integration. This would allow for improved functionality & reliability of the LMD process for future R&D projects.
The funding source for this project is from the government-funded High Value Manufacturing Catapult (HVM Catapult), which is a group of 7 manufacturing research centres in the United Kingdom and run & funded by Innovate UK since 2011.
- 16-Jan-2020 - 15-Jan-2021
- AFRC_CORE_1439_Tooling Remanufacturing using LMD
- Zeng, Quanren (Principal Investigator) Reimer, Andreas (Co-investigator) Fitzpatrick, Stephen (Principal Investigator)
- 03-Jan-2020 - 30-Jan-2020
- Towards rapid and versatile biosensor manufacturing using 3D printing technology
- Blair, Ewen (Co-investigator) Zeng, Quanren (Principal Investigator) Tian, Yankang (Co-investigator) Taladriz Sender, Andrea (Co-investigator)
- Manufacturing biosensors remains a challenge, as the vast majority are lab-based systems not suitable for mass manufacture. However, Laser Metal Deposition (LMD) is a new and flexible method for 3D-printing additive manufacturing, well positioned to meet this task. We aim to arrive at an optimal method of employing LMD to fabricate biosensors
- 01-Jan-2019 - 30-Jan-2020
- Numerical modelling of laser metal deposition (LMD) process for melt pool temperatu re distribution and deposited tracks’ geometry prediction（Route-to-Impact project)
- Zeng, Quanren (CoPI) Qin, Yi (Principal Investigator) Tian, Yankang (Co-investigator) Reimer, Andreas (Administrator) Fitzpatrick, Stephen (Administrator)
- The project was focused on the development and validation of an integrated approach for the modelling of Laser Metal Deposition (LMD) for melt pool temperature distribution and deposited tracks’ geometry prediction for the fabrication of metal components by this additive manufacturing process.
The project was funded by the "Route to Impact" call from the Advanced Forming Research Centre, a High Value Manufacturing Catapult Centre which is funded and managed by Innovate UK.
- 01-Jan-2019 - 15-Jan-2020
- New aerospace advanced cost effective materials and rapid manufacturing (MMTECH)
- Qin, Yi (Principal Investigator) Xu, Zhenhai (Researcher) Zeng, Quanren (Researcher)
- 01-Jan-2015 - 30-Jan-2019
- Device For Large Scale Fog Decontamination (COUNTERFOG)
- Qin, Yi (Principal Investigator) Tian, Yankang (Researcher) Yip, Arthur Lan Kuan (Researcher) Zeng, Quanren (Researcher)
- 01-Jan-2013 - 31-Jan-2017
Advanced Forming Research Centre
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map