The Strategy and Policy Directorate areas of responsibility include:
- Developing and reporting on the Strategic Plan 2020-2025 and performance measures.
- Advising the Principal, University Secretary & Compliance Officer and Executive Team on strategy, policy, information governance and corporate governance.
- Advising on the University's Outcome Agreement with the Scottish Funding Council (SFC)
- Providing secretariat support to a number of high-level committees, including the University’s Court, Executive Team, Audit and Risk Committee and Fees Strategy Group.
- Providing management information to enable the University Court and Executive Team to take informed decisions.
- Providing management information reports and dashboards through the SUnBIRD (Strathclyde University Business Intelligence Reports and Dashboards) system. Staff can request access by emailing email@example.com
- Leading on University-wide governance matters.
- Co-ordinating the University's student related returns to the SFC and Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA).
- Facilitating business planning and external & internal performance monitoring.
- Analysing and reporting on benchmarking data and external performance indicators.
- Developing university policies, procedures and guidance in relation to Information Governance to ensure legislative compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with Data Protection and Freedom of Information
- Managing the University Record Centre and providing advice, guidance and training in Records Management.
Further information on the University committees and the Charter and Statutes can be found on our University Governance pages.
- Vacant, Director
- Michael McDaid, Head of Planning & Business Intelligence
- Peter Black, Senior Strategic Planner
- Kate Dreiblathena, Strategic Planner
- Angela Dunlop, Information Governance Officer
- Christine Finnigan, Senior Policy Officer
- James Gorman, Senior Strategic Planner
- Elaine Grant, Data Protection Officer
- Jeanette Leiper, Information Governance Officer
- Vacant, Senior Business Data Reporting Analyst
- Gerard McAtamney, Business Data Reporting Analyst
- Jan McGhie, Policy Officer
- Jane Meredith, Corporate Governance Officer
- Aran Morrison, Business Intelligence Report Developer
- Rene Oudega, Business Intelligence Analyst
- Sarah Parry, Senior Policy Officer
- Allison Shelvey, Administrator
- Dan Wedgwood, Head of Governance & Public Policy
- Aimee White, Administrative Assistant
- Fiona Wilbraham, Senior Information Governance Officer
Information on Data Protection, Freedom of Information or Records Management can be found on our Access to Information pages.
The charts linked below present the organisation of the:
- Strategy and Policy Directorate Chart
- University Organisational Chart (coming soon)