Depending on which country you are arriving from, you must follow the current guidance published on the UK Government website, that details the requirements for arrivals from red, amber and green list countries.
This list is subject to change frequently and often with little notice. If you arriving directly in Scotland, you should follow the guidance published by the Scottish Government.
Full-time international students with a valid visa are permitted to travel to the UK from a UKVI red list country but are required to enter mandatory hotel quarantine for a period of 10 days from the point of arrival.
To provide support and reassurance to any student groups impacted by this decision:
If you are travelling from a red list country, the University of Strathclyde will help with quarantine costs incurred by any of our new and returning students joining us for academic year 2021-22.
You and your flatmates will form a household and are not required to physically distance from each other.
You must keep a 2 metre distance from all others and:
- do not gather in groups
- be mindful of other people’s space when moving around University buildings
- adhere to maximum lift, room and area occupancy limits
Wash your hands frequently under warm running water for 20 seconds, especially:
- on building entry
- after using the toilet
- before and after eating
- before and after using kitchen equipment
If it is not possible to clean your hands, use alcohol hand rub for between 20 to 30 seconds.
Hand sanitiser has been provided in your room and at the entrances of all buildings. Please sanitise your hands on entry and exit.
Follow good hygiene etiquette when coughing or sneezing.
Avoid touching your face, mouth and eyes with your hands.
We have increased the frequency of corridor, stairwell and lift cleans and your flat will be cleaned weekly.
- Please keep a safe distance of at least 2 metres and where possible, move into another area of the flat during the weekly clean
- Please remove all rubbish from your flat prior to the weekly clean
- If you or any of your flatmates are self-isolating your flat will not be cleaned. You will be provided with cleaning products and you and your flatmates should work together to maintain cleanliness throughout the flat
Bedrooms and en-suites are not included in the weekly cleaning service and you should maintain cleanliness by frequently wiping down surfaces with standard cleaning products.
In the event of a lockdown we may suspend or reduce flat cleaning.
Before inviting friends round please remember to check the most recent Scottish Government guidance.
- Speak to your flatmates and agree in advance who is coming round when
- If you invite anyone into the flat they must keep a 2 metre distance from you and everyone else
- Guests who have arrived the UK in the last 10 days or those who are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 (a persistent cough, high temperature or a loss of smell or taste) are not permitted
- You must not host or attend parties or social gatherings in the Residences
- Overnight guests are not currently permitted in the Residences
- Signage and markings are displayed to aid with physical distancing of 2 metres.
- Observe and comply with signage, queue and lane floor markings, directional travel routes, one-way systems, no entry signage and lift signage identifying permitted usage.
- Be patient and observe physical distancing requirements
- Our staff are on campus 24/7 to support and assist you. Please note that there may be some changes to our office opening hours and we ask that you contact us by email in the first instance, to reduce contact at the Reception.
- If you are self-isolating and are in need of assistance, please contact us by phone or email and do not come into the office
- On hearing the fire alarm, evacuate the building by the nearest fire exit. Please physically distance from others at the assembly point. Await instruction before re-entering the building.
- Follow normal first aid procedures, call Security for assistance.
In an emergency call Security on 0141 548 2222.
- Face coverings are mandatory on public transport and in shops in Scotland
- You will receive 3 face coverings on arrival
- We ask that you wear a face covering in the Student Village Reception, in building entrances and on stairwells in the residences. You are not required to wear a face covering in your flat.
- a high temperature or fever
- a new continuous cough
- a loss of or change in taste or smell
If you receive a positive Covid-19 test result, or have been asked by the NHS to self-isolate, or you are displaying symptoms, please notify us via the Covid-19 Notifications Webform. If you are notifying on behalf of someone else, or have an enquiry in relation to notification please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also inform us by emailing email@example.com.
Everyone else in your flat (household) and your close contacts should also isolate for 10 days and book a test if they develop symptoms. Please refer to Quarantine and Self-Isolation Guidance for more information.
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, you will be contacted by Test and Protect Scotland and asked to isolate for 10 days
- If you develop symptoms you should book a test and follow government advice and guidance on self-isolation
Please see the Scottish Government website for more information.
The Scottish Government student vaccines FAQ on Student Information Scotland.
General information on vaccines for international students on the NHS Inform site.
Help & support
Our team are here to help and support you so please get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.
The University’s Disability & Wellbeing Service offers advice, information and support to students on a range of health, disability, mental health and wellbeing issues. If you have any queries regarding your health and coronavirus, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their webpages.