someone paying online with a credit card

University accommodationRent & how to pay

Payments for each term can be made online. You can also set up and pay by recurring card payment.

Students from England, Wales & Northern Ireland

We offer the Strathclyde Accommodation Bursary of £1,000 to new entrant Undergraduate students who are staying in University accommodation, are coming from England, Northern Ireland and Wales and are paying the tuition fee of £9,250 per year. Please see Strathclyde Accommodation Bursary for more details.

Do I have to pay a deposit?

You don't have to pay a deposit but we do ask for a rent prepayment of £400 to secure your place. This will be deducted from the first term rent installment. 

Do I need a guarantor?

No, you don’t need a guarantor to secure your accommodation with us.

Is my Occupancy Agreement legally binding?

Once accepted, you can't move out without our permission. If you do, you remain responsible for payment of rent until someone else takes your room.

What will happen if I accept an Occupancy Agreement but don't turn up?

You will lose your £400 rent prepayment.

What will happen if I withdraw from my course after I move in?

The Accommodation Office can release you from your contract following a 4-week notice period, so you won’t be liable for the remainder of the contract. Confirmation of your withdrawal must be provided.