For all residences your rent includes, personal possessions insurance, gas and electricity plus cleaning once a week.
Heating & lighting
In all residences the cost of heating and lighting is included in the rent and controlled by the University. The residences are centrally heated on the following basis:
- Monday to Friday, heating provided in the early morning and the evening
- Saturday and Sunday, heating provided all day
Personal possessions insurance
Students living in residence are covered by a block personal possessions insurance policy arranged by the University with Endsleigh Insurance Services.
If you require additional cover or to make a claim, please contact the provider.
The University provides Wi-Fi within the accommodation.
What's provided in the bedroom?
Room sizes vary between residences but an average size will be between 10 to 12m2 for a basic room and between 13 to 14m2 for a room with a private bathroom.
Each bedroom is fitted with standard furniture such as a bed, desk & chair and wardrobe. We supply you with a new mattress protector, pillow and duvet. A desk, chair and lamp are provided, shelves, a noticeboard, wardrobe and bin.
Rent for all residences includes access to #strathsport - the brand new £31million facility, located right next to the Campus Village on Cathedral Street.
- Strathclyde Sport boasts a vast, state-of-the-art gym with capacity for 180, with a dedicated strength and conditioning area and a group cycling area;
- The facility includes a six-lane, 25m swimming pool complete with sauna and steamrooms;
- Two four-court sports halls, two squash courts, a dance studio and a cafe also feature in this fully accessible facility;
- Strathclyde Sport has extended opening hours (Monday-Friday 7am-10pm, Saturday & Sunday 9am-6pm).
Safety & security
There is an on-site management team and a Nightporter to take care of emergencies through the night.
A monitored CCTV system, controlled by University Security Services, provides an extra level of security.
Car parking & bicycle storage
A bicycle store is only available at Andrew Ure Hall (20 spaces). There are no other bicycle store facilities available in any other residence and we do not accept responsibility for any thefts or damage.
Communal areas in the halls of residence and flats are cleaned on a weekly basis.
There are card operated laundries in or near your residence.
In the event of lockdown restrictions we may suspend or reduce flat cleaning.