The University provides Wi-Fi cover within our accommodation.
eduroam: This is the preferred wireless network and allows connections across campus and at thousands of other universities worldwide.
Heating & lighting
In all residences the cost of heating and lighting is included in the rent for halls – that's one less thing to think about as you adjust to living away from home.
The heating in halls is controlled by central timers by the University. The residences are generally heated on the following basis:
- Monday to Friday, heating provided in the early morning and the evening
- Saturday and Sunday, heating provided all day
Hot water is available constantly throughout the day.
Bedroom sizes vary between residences but an average size will be between 10 to 12m2 for a standard room and between 13 to 14m2 for a room with a private bathroom.
Each bedroom is fitted with standard furniture such as a bed, desk & chair and wardrobe. We supply you with a new mattress protector, pillow and duvet. A desk, chair and lamp are provided, shelves, a noticeboard, wardrobe and bin.
Living in residences you get free access to #strathsport - £31million facility, located right next to the Campus Village on Cathedral Street.
- Strathclyde Sport boasts a vast, state-of-the-art gym with capacity for 180, with a dedicated strength and conditioning area and a group cycling area;
- The facility includes a six-lane, 25m swimming pool complete with sauna and steamrooms;
- Two four-court sports halls, two squash courts, a dance studio and a cafe also feature in this fully accessible facility;
- Strathclyde Sport has extended opening hours (Monday-Friday 7am-10pm, Saturday & Sunday 9am-6pm).
Personal possessions insurance
Students living in residence are covered by a block personal possessions insurance policy arranged by the University with Endsleigh Insurance Services.
If you require additional cover or to make a claim, please contact the provider.
Safety & security
There is an on-site management team and a Nightporter to take care of emergencies through the night.
A monitored CCTV system, controlled by University Security Services, provides an extra level of security.
Car parking & bicycle storage
A bicycle store is only available at Andrew Ure Hall (20 spaces). There are no other bicycle store facilities available in any other residence and we do not accept responsibility for any thefts or damage.
Our In-house Domestic Team provide a weekly cleaning service in the communal areas in the halls of residence and flats.
There are card operated laundries in or near your residence.
*In the event of exceptional circumstances/ lockdown restrictions it may not be possible to provide this service, and we may have to suspend or reduce flat cleaning.