As a new student, you can apply for University accommodation online. However, there are a few criteria you need to meet.
- you must be studying with us full-time
- you must currently be living 25 miles outside the city centre
- you must have satisfied all conditions of entry to the University by the 25th of August of the year of admission
If we run out of accommodation, we may have to give priority to those students who live furthest away.
If your course lasts more than 9 months of the year, you'll only be eligible for accommodation on a 50-week contract basis.
Late entry & clearing students
Accommodation is allocated on a first come first served basis if:
- you satisfy your conditions of entry to the University after 25th of August
- if you go through clearing
If we can't accommodate you here on campus, we can help you find private rented accommodation.
Guidance & conditions
We have different types of residences at a range of prices available for you to apply for. Accommodation is allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. We have students arriving at different times throughout the year, where you'll be placed depends on availability.
That's why we ask you to list your three preferred options. We can't promise to offer you a room in the halls you choose but we'll try our best to accommodate you. If you don't get one of your three choices, we'll make you an alternative offer as close to your first choices as possible.
All but one of our residences are made up of shared flats so you'll have between three and seven flatmates, depending on which residence you're placed in. We do our best to place you with people you'll get along with which is why we ask you some questions about yourself in your application.
When can I apply?
You can apply for accommodation as soon as you've applied to study here at Strathclyde.
If you hold a conditional offer of study from Strathclyde don't wait until it is made unconditional, apply immediately. We won't make you an offer of accommodation though, until we know you're definitely coming to study at Strathclyde.
When will I have an offer of accommodation?
- if you're an undergraduate or postgraduate student with an unconditional offer of study from Strathclyde, you'll receive an offer of accommodation from us usually in June
- if you're an undergraduate or postgraduate student with a conditional offer of study from Strathclyde, nothing will happen until the University makes you an unconditional offer of study, which you have firmly accepted. We'll make you an offer of accommodation usually in August.
Your offer of accommodation will include detailed information about:
- how to formally accept the offer
- paying a £400 rent prepayment
- how to pay your rent
- arrival information, (when to arrive, where to pick up your keys and so on)
- what to bring with you
You will be given 3 to 5 days to accept the offer by signing and emailing us the Occupancy Agreement and paying the £400 rent prepayment. Failure to reply by the correct date will result in your offer of accommodation being cancelled.
Students with additional support needs
If you have a disability, please get in touch with either the Accommodation Office or our Disability Service and let them know. They can let you know which accommodation best suits you.
You'll also need to let us know in the application form. We want to make sure we give you the most appropriate accommodation or equipment.
If possible, we'd love to have you visit us to make sure you're happy with the facilities - just get in touch!
If you have a medical condition we should know about, we need you to send us a statement from your doctor. All information is treated as confidential.
We always try our best to consider any other special need or requirements included on your form.