Degree Apprenticeship coming soon. We're currently accepting notes of interest in this course.
The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (CMDA) will see apprentices work towards the BA (Hons) Business Management. Led by an expert academic community within the triple-accredited Strathclyde Business School, apprentices will gain CMI membership for the duration of their studies. The CMDA is dual accredited to CMI’s Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership and offers routes to Chartered Manager status.
Apprentices undertake a well-designed learning pathway to support the development of necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviours via a programme of blended online and campus learning alongside practical work-based learning and assessment.
Why choose this course?
Christine Sinclair tells us more about the course.
Key Features of our DAs
- fully-funded three-year Honours degree with the opportunity to progress to Masters and Doctoral level studies
- anywhere, anytime learning via our online VLE, MyPlace, complemented by monthly on-campus teaching days, totalling 9 across the academic year
- apprentices apply knowledge within their work context via a series of bespoke work-based projects
- apprentices achieve a CMI level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management along with their Degree
What you'll learn
During your studies, you'll undertake work-based learning throughout, and work with a Learning Advisor to support your personal and professional development.
You'll have access to our highly acclaimed leadership and personal development module, which supports your learning journey by bringing your learning either from school or industry.
- Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Fundamentals of Business Analysis and Technology
- Managing People for Performance and Innovation
You'll study the following modules:
- Project Management
- and Marketing Foundations, Principles, and Strategic Application
- Managing Change
- Research Methods for Business
- Introduction to Business Finance.
- Strategy, Risk, and Scenario Planning (40 credits)
- Business Project (60 credits)
The business project is a unique opportunity for you to undertake an academically informed work-based project, giving you the chance to demonstrate your learning over the course of the degree with real tangible output for employers.
We offer a flexible admissions approach and applications will be considered on an individual basis with input from employers.
We look for three A Levels (minimum B grades), and equivalent qualifications are considered. You must live in England for at least 50% of your working week.
If you don't have the required academic qualifications but you do have relevant experience, we will consider your application.
You must be employed in a relevant role, contracted for at least 30 hours per week with support from your employer to meet off-the-job training commitments.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this Degree Apprenticeship programme, we'd be delighted to speak with you. Please contact Christine Sinclair, Assistant Programme Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why an Apprenticeship Degree?
A Degree Apprenticeship enables new or existing employees to study at degree level while spending the majority of their time in the workplace. A key benefit of an Apprenticeship Degree is that the learning will directly contribute to the success of the business.
Apprentices will acquire underpinning knowledge and understanding via a blended learning approach, through online and campus delivery. Core business competencies are developed through an integrated work-based learning curriculum. The campus delivery will allow Apprentices to work in groups and hone their business skills with support from experienced academics.
- advances employee's personal, interpersonal, technical, and managerial skills with direct application of learning and skills development to the business
- designed for a diverse and geographically remote learner population whilst offering an individualised learning experience, including individualised learning plans and dedicated support from Learning Advisors, work-based mentors, and academics
- a dedicated delivery team who listen, understand, and work with employers to offer a fully integrated, contextualised BA (Hons) Business Management degree delivered via a blended approach, using our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) MyPlace, work-based learning, and campus days
- excellent development, career progression, and retention tool for high-performing current employees as well as a great alternative to traditional graduate schemes for new employees
Degree Apprenticeships are funded by Education Skills Funding Agency
In response to the current COVID-19 situation and to comply with social distancing requirements, all on campus teaching or work-based visits are being delivered online to guarantee minimum disruption to our programmes