Tuesday 24 November 2020 2-6pm
Our Postgraduate Open Day event is taking place using Unibuddy, which you can access via the button below. On this page, we’ve also provided some information on the chat rooms and live video streaming sessions taking place.
Live Chat Rooms
Members of the admissions team will be available from 2pm-4pm to answer admissions questions with subject leaders available from 4pm – 6pm. Please note that not all PGDE course leaders will be available on the day.
- Art & Design
- Home Economics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Studies
- Physical Education
- Religious Moral Education
- Technological Education
Live Streaming Sessions
|2.15pm - 2.35pm||PGDE How to Apply for the PGDE programme|
|2.40pm - 2.55pm||PGDE Writing your Personal Statement|
|3.00pm - 4.00pm||PGDE Course Overview|
Why study the PGDE at Strathclyde?
- our School of Education is ranked 4th in the UK for Education (The Complete University Guide 2021)
- we’re the largest provider of Initial Teacher Education in Scotland
- opportunity to achieve 120 Masters-level credits
- learn through taught classes and 18 weeks of placements in a school in Scotland
- become qualified to teach in locations worldwide
- STEM Bursary of £20,000 available for career changers (for Chemistry, Home Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Technological Education)
- guaranteed teaching job for a year following qualification, in a Scottish school
- as a newly qualified teacher, you can receive an additional financial enhancement in the region of £8,000 under the Preference Waiver Scheme
The whole experience of the PGDE is amazing. The highlight is definitely the placement, but the time on campus is great as well. I am lucky to have a great group of classmates in my RME course.
Sonia Jacas Xufré
On placement, I have had great experiences, having worked in two different high schools I have witnessed many different teaching methods and different ways of dealing with behavioural issues, also I had the opportunity to make good friends as well. It has been a very constructive experience overall.
Irene Cascallana Matias
I wanted to start teaching and having a job as soon as possible. At the University of Strathclyde there is the possibility of the PGDEM course which is slightly shorter and allowed me start working earlier.