Virtual Open Week
Monday 11 March to Friday 15 March 2024 (GMT)
Our Postgraduate virtual open week is taking place online with a range of different events throughout the week. Join one of our live presentations to learn more about your specific area of interest and get to know our departments better. Find your session and register via the links below.
Monday 11 March
- 12 pm to 1 pm: MSc Applied Gender Studies and MSc Applied Gender Studies Research Methods
- 2 pm to 3 pm: MSc Applied Translation and Interpreting
Tuesday 12 March
- 1 pm to 2 pm: MLitt Media & Communications and MLitt Digital Journalism Information Session
- 2 pm to 3 pm: MLitt Creative Writing and MLitt Interdisciplinary English Studies
- 4 pm to 6 pm: PGDE Primary and Secondary programmes
Wednesday 13 March
- 10 am to 11 am: Strathclyde Institute of Education postgraduate taught programmes
- 1 pm to 2 pm: MSc Health History and MSc Historical Studies
- 1 pm to 2 pm: Strathclyde Law School Postgraduate Information Session
- 2 pm to 3 pm: MSc Diplomacy & International Security
- 3 pm to 4 pm: Government & Public Policy
- 4 pm to 5 pm: MSc/PgDip/PgCert Genealogical, Palaeographic & Heraldic Studies Information Session
Thursday 14 March
- 11 am to 12 pm: Clinical Health Psychology, Counselling & Psychotherapy, Psychology with specialisation, Research Methods Psychology, Sport Data Analytics
- 1 pm to 2 pm: MSc Social Policy, Social Policy (Research Methods ), International Social Welfare, Health & Social Policy, Criminology and Social Policy
- 1 pm to 2 pm: Master of Social Work (MSW), MSc Advanced Residential Child Care, MSc Child & Youth Care Studies by Distance Learning
- 3 pm to 4 pm: HaSS Graduate School
MSc Political Research
The department's reputation for research preceded it and I'm confident that no other university could offer the combination of expertise, world-class training and constant support that could match that of the Government & Public Policy academics and support staff.
MSc Diplomacy & International Security
I really enjoyed the opportunity to carve my own multidisciplinary path. My cohort were encouraged to pursue courses across history, law and politics and to discover our own areas of interest and speciality.
LLM International Commercial Law
In terms of the quality of teaching at the university, it really is up there with the best. When speaking to different people along my journey, they always seem to recommend Strathclyde. I also had the opportunity to tailor the course to make it exactly what I wanted it to be, I like that about Strathclyde.
PGDE Secondary Education - English
Coming from the education sector, I found the PGDE programme at Strathclyde offered a fantastic module in educational perspectives and policies (EPP). These not only stimulated my thinking but became the bulwark for understanding the context of education in Scotland.
MSc Data Science for Politics
The MSc was also backed by The Data Lab Innovation Centre and I was lucky enough to be awarded one of their scholarships for the programme this year, meaning they covered almost all my tuition fees. This really motivated me to accept my offer on the MSc programme as it reassured me I was on the right path, and that other people thought I would succeed!