- Opens: Sunday 1 August 2021
- Deadline: Monday 23 August 2021
- Number of places: 4
- Duration: 3 years
- Funding: International fee, Home fee
OverviewStrathclyde Business School are offering four full fee scholarships for outstanding students seeking to join our PhD programme in session 2021/22. Candidates must have an excellent academic track record with appropriate external recognition and be able to demonstrate commitment to their chosen field of study. Applications are welcome in all of our subject areas but we particularly welcome applicants interested in any of our areas of research expertise.
- a first-class or upper second-class UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in a relevant discipline from a recognised academic institution
- if English isn't your first language, you'll need an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent
- not be in receipt of any other Scholarship
This is a competitive process; applications will be shortlisted, and candidates may be called to an interview.
Candidates must be able to commence their studies in October 2021.
Your PhD study includes some taught elements. At Strathclyde Business School we offer a Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methodology for Business and Management, which includes a minimum of 60 credits of research training.
Supervisors will be nominated by departments as part of the application approval process.
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- research proposal of up to 1,500 words in length, demonstrating potential contribution both in theory and practice; please use our Postgraduate Research Proposal Outline and attach this with your application
In the application system in the ‘Funding’ section please tick the box ‘I have applied/intend to apply for a grant/scholarship/funded opportunity.’ In the ‘Additional Funding Information (required)’ box type ‘GLOBAL RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP’