The RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship has been running since 2007, and the spirit of the scholarship is based on Lord Foster's own experience as a student of architecture.
Selection criteria & process
The judges will seek to award a student who demonstrates the potential for outstanding achievement and original thinking on issues relating to the survival and the future of our cities and towns.
Submissions will be judged by the panel consisting of:
- Lord Foster
- Jane Duncan, the President of the RIBA
- Two members of Foster + Partners
- One judge invited by Lord Foster
- One judge invited by the President of the RIBA
For further queries, contact John-paul Nunes, Head of Education Projects on email@example.com or +44 (0)20 7307 3678.
How to apply
Each school with RIBA or CAA validated degree courses is invited to submit one application for the scholarship from one of its students. Each school chooses its own method of selecting its student but the completed application form must be signed by the Head of School.
- Only one application produced by one student per school is accepted
- You must therefore approach your Design Studio Year Director in the first instance if you wish to be considered
- The Head of Department must sign the completed application