All students with EU residency rights on any of the Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering’s undergraduate degree programmes are eligible to apply.
All Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering BEng / MEng UG courses (electronic and electrical engineering (w/Business and International Study), Electrical & Mechanical Engineering (w/International Study), Computer & Electronic Systems (w/ International Study), Electrical Energy Systems, & Electronic and Digital Systems.
The scholarships will give you:
- £2,750 annual bursary
- £250 allowance for books and software
- 10 week paid summer internship
- Attendance at annual conference
For more information please go to the IET Power Academy website.
Power Academy scholarship recipients benefit from a 10 week paid summer internship and also get to attend the annual conference.
So far, 129 of our students have benefited from scholarships and enjoyed summer placements with member companies including:
- Atkins Gobal
- BAE Systems
- Culham Centre for Fusion Energy (CCFE)
- London Underground
- Mitsubishi Electric
- National Grid
- Network Rail
- Northern Ireland Electricity (NIE)
- Northern Powergrid
- Scottish Power
- Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE)
- Western Power Distribution
The Power Academy can help you with your application and give advice and support.
Recipients of this scholarship are not permitted to hold any other forms of financial support (e.g company–supported scholarships or tuition fee awards).
Jennifer MacKenzie, Scholarship Coordinator
T: 0141 548 2268
How to apply
Full details of how and when to apply are provided at the Department’s IET Awareness Day in October.
General application process:
- Submission of an online application form. Information on this is used as the first part of the application process and forms the basis of the decision by the industry partners to invite students to an assessment centre for interview.
Nov - Jan
- Assessment centres investigate team working skills, communications, problem solving and organisational skills, along with academic performance. Individual interviews are also conducted.
Feb - March
- Scholarship offers are made directly to the students by industry partners.
- Once scholarships confirmed, IET informed and scholarship begins.