To be considered for the Faculty of Engineering International Scholarship applicants should have a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their undergraduate degree.
Dean's International Excellence Awards
Applications for the Dean’s International Excellence Award are now closed. Students who applied for this award were required to demonstrate academic excellence (usually a UK first class undergraduate degree or international equivalent), and the potential both to make a significant contribution to the Strathclyde community during their studies and in their chosen profession upon graduation (assessed by information provided in the scholarship application form). The deadline for applications for the Dean’s International Excellence Award was 31 May 2022.
Important things to note:
- The value of the postgraduate taught scholarship award is equivalent to a 15% reduction of your tuition fees for your first year of study. This is typically £3,460 for programmes with a tuition fee of £23,050.
- If you are studying a two year MSc programme, you will receive a 15% scholarship for your first year only.
- The amount varies for selected programmes with a different tuition fee, including programmes within Architecture and Biomedical Engineering.
- Applicants awarded the scholarship and studying an 18 month MSc programme will receive a scholarship typically equating to £3,460.
- If you're applying for postgraduate research degree programme, you'll receive a scholarship award equivalent to a 15% reduction of your tuition fees for each year of study.
- The Faculty of Engineering’s International Scholarships are only open for self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying applicants enrolling on a full-time course. Those who receive full sponsorship from a government office or embassy are not eligible to apply.
- Applications are now being accepted and completed application forms should be submitted as early as possible.
- In order to be considered for a scholarship an applicant must hold an offer to study a full-time course in the 2022/23 academic year.
- The deadline for applicants applying to study a postgraduate taught programme in September 2022 is 9 September 2022. The deadline for applicants applying to study in January 2023 is 13 January 2023.
- Students are only eligible for one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- Students who do not meet any of the required criteria in this announcement will automatically not be considered
- The Faculty of Engineering's decision on the awarding of scholarships is final.
Postgraduate taught applicants only:
- Postgraduate taught applicants who wished to be considered for the Dean’s International Excellence Award had to apply by no later than 31 May 2022. Following this deadline those candidates who have been selected to receive this scholarship will be notified by email in due course.
- Those candidates who are selected for the Dean’s International Excellence Award will be required to pay their deposit within 3 weeks of notification to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- After 31 May 2022, postgraduate taught applicants may still apply to receive a Faculty of Engineering International Scholarship (value: 15% of tuition fee) only.