Applicants with strong academic performance in high school are encouraged to apply. Scholarship decisions will be made on the basis of information contained in your undergraduate admissions and scholarship applications.
To be considered for the Faculty of Engineering International Scholarship applicants should have a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their undergraduate degree.
Applications for our Dean’s International Excellence Award are now closed, as of 30 April 2020.
Important things to note:
- If you're applying for an undergraduate degree programme, you'll receive a scholarship award equivalent to a 10% reduction of your tuition fees for each year of study. This is typically £2,100 for your first year of study on programmes with a tuition fee of £20,900. The amount varies for selected programmes with a different tuition fee, including programmes within Architecture and Biomedical Engineering.
- The value of the postgraduate taught scholarship award is equivalent to a 15% reduction of your tuition fees for your first year of study. If you are studying a two year MSc programme, you will receive a 15% scholarship for your first year only. This is typically £3,150 for programmes with a tuition fee of £20,900. The amount varies for selected programmes with a different tuition fee, including programmes within Architecture and Biomedical Engineering.
- Applicants awarded the scholarship and studying an 18 month MSc programme will receive a scholarship equating to 15% of the total cost of their programme.
- If you're applying for postgraduate research degree programme, you'll receive a scholarship award equivalent to a 15% reduction of your tuition fees for each year of study. Your first year’s scholarship will be £3,150.
- The Faculty of Engineering’s International Scholarships are only open for self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying applicant enrolling on a full-time course. Those who receive full sponsorship from a government office or embassy are not eligible to apply.
- Applications are now being accepted and completed application forms should be submitted as early as possible.
- In order to be considered for a scholarship an applicant must hold an offer to study a full-time course in the 2020/2021 academic year.
- Students are only eligible for one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- Students who do not meet any of the required criteria in this announcement will automatically not be considered
- The Faculty of Engineering's decision on the awarding of scholarships is final.
Postgraduate taught applicants only:
- Postgraduate taught applicants who wish to be considered for the Dean’s International Excellence Award must apply by no later than 30 April 2020. Following this deadline those candidates who have been selected to receive this scholarship will be notified by email.
- Those candidates who are selected for the Dean’s International Excellence Award will be required to pay their deposit within 3 weeks of notification to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- After 30 April 2020, postgraduate taught applicants may still apply to receive a Faculty of Engineering International Scholarship only.