If you're applying for an undergraduate course or a postgraduate research degree, you'll receive up to £4,000 for your first year of study and an additional £1,500 for each subsequent year.
Postgraduate Taught students will receive up to £3,000 towards their tuition fees.
The scholarship is available for application to all self-funded, new international (non-EU) fee paying students holding an offer of study for the University of Strathclyde.
You must start your full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme at Strathclyde in the coming academic year (2019-20), unless starting on the MSc in Civil Engineering with Industrial Placement which has a January 2019 start. Postgraduate research students can start at any time throughout the year.
We look for an average of 75% + (or equivalent) in your high school grades to be considered.
You'll need a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree to be considered.
Important things to note
- The application process is now open. Completed application forms should be submitted as early as possible
- You can only apply for a scholarship once you've applied for a place on a full-time course through the University of Strathclyde’s admission process and have been offered either a conditional or unconditional place
- The Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarship is only eligible for new self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying students enrolling on a full-time course. Please note that students who receive sponsorship from a government office or embassy are not eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Students are only eligible for one scholarship per academic year.
- Students who do not meet any of the required criteria in this announcement will automatically not be considered