The scholarship is available for application to all self-funded, new international (non-EU) fee paying students holding an offer of study for the MSc in Civil Engineering with Industrial Placement, or for a postgraduate research programme.
You must start your full-time MSc in January 2019 or postgraduate research programme at Strathclyde this academic year (2018-2019).
You'll need a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree to be considered.
Important things to note
- The application process is now open. Completed application forms should be submitted as early as possible
- You can only apply for a scholarship once you've applied for a place on a full-time course through the University of Strathclyde’s admission process and have been offered either a conditional or unconditional place
- The Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarship is only eligible for new self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying students enrolling on a full-time course. Please note that students who receive sponsorship from a government office or embassy are not eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Students are only eligible for one scholarship per academic year.
- Students who do not meet any of the required criteria in this announcement will automatically not be considered
Postgraduate Taught MSc in Civil Engineering with Industrial Placement applicants will receive a £2,800 scholarship towards course tuition fees if succesful.
A number of scholarships of up to £3,750 towards course tuition fees for the first year of a full-time PhD are available. Eligible postgraduate research students will receive a further £1,500 scholarship for each subsequent year of study.
How to apply
Please complete the Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarship application form and send your completed application back to us by email or post:
Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarship
Engineering Faculty Office
JW603, James Weir Building
University of Strathclyde
75 Montrose Street
Glasgow, United Kingdom
You should write no more than 500 words on why you should receive a Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarship. Application forms and relevant academic transcripts should be returned as early as possible to email@example.com.
The application process
Apply for the engineering course of your choice
Receive your offer letter for your course
Apply for this scholarship
If you're successful, you'll receive your scholarship offer letter via email.