In order to be eligible to apply, students must be:
- Joining an undergraduate degree programme (BEng Hons or MEng) in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in academic year 2021-2022.
- Considered as Scottish domiciled or Rest of UK (RUK) student for fee purposes and have the right to live and work in the UK.
- From an under-represented group (for the purposes of this scholarship, this has been defined as coming from a BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) background and/or is female).
A selection committee which will be chaired by the Head of Department of the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering department (or his/her nominee) and will include the Head of Access Equality and Inclusion (or his/her nominee), a representative from the Alumni and Development department and a member of teaching staff within the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering will consider applications and shortlist up to five students who will be invited to interview on Friday 24 September 2021. Applicants must first meet the eligibility criteria as outlined above and the following selection criteria will be used to inform the committees decision:
- Indicators of disadvantage:
- Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) category.
- Free school meals and/or Education Maintenance Allowance entitlement.
- Other indicators: Care Experience, a Carer, estranged or from a refugee background.
- Evidence of how the applicant would benefit from the opportunity.
- Evidence of academic merit and/or potential.
The selection committee have sole discretion in making the selection of the scholarship recipients and may prioritise female students when awarding the scholarship.
Successful candidates will be notified by Thursday 30 September 2021.
Scholarship awards will be paid to successful candidates in annual instalments. The first award will be paid in October 2021 with future payments made in September each year.
How to apply
Applications are being excepted from Monday 13 September 2021.
Candidates must complete the Formula 1 Scholarship Application Form and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Friday 17 September 2021.
To read how we process personal data, applicants can review our 'Privacy Notice for Student Applicants and Potential Applicants' on our Privacy notices' web page.