In order to be considered for a Data Lab Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have right to live and work in the UK, AND whose ordinary place of residence has been in Scotland for at least three years (not in full-time education) can apply for The Data Lab MSc scholarships. EU citizens who have not received pre-settlement status are no longer eligible to apply. For more guidance on eligibility please refer to: http://www.sfc.ac.uk/web/FILES/eu/SFC_Brexit_Update.pdf
- Students must meet the academic requirements to hold an offer of admission for the MSc Satellite Data for Sustainable Development for the January 2021/22 intake.
- All students in receipt of a scholarship must successfully complete an online MOOC in Data Ethics, AI and Responsible Innovation as part of their studies.
- Attendance at Data Lab events
- Students will be required to attend introductory sessions where possible.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must meet all of the above eligibility criteria to be considered for a Data Lab scholarship.
- Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will be notified within four weeks of the closing date of 30th September 2021.
- The awards are available for full time, on campus study only.To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2021/ 2022 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria.
- Successful candidates will be selected on their statement of motivation within the application form.
- Successful recipients are expected to engage with a programme of events with Data Lab and complete an online MOOC in Data Ethics, AI and Responsible Innovation as part of their studies. More information can be found on Data Lab website.
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering's decision, on the awarding of the scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.