- Applicants do not need to be UK citizens but must be eligible to pay UK home tuition fees and ordinarily resident in the UK. Students on short-term exchange programmes are not eligible
- Applicants must be registered on an acreddited MEng engineering programme at a UK university
- Applicants must be in the third year of the MEng degree programme
- Applicants must have the potential to become an inspirational role model to the next generation of engineers and aim to reach a position of project or team leadership within the engineering industry within five years of graduation
Note: Any applications that are incomplete or do not adhere to the guidelines may be rejected
As the UK’s national academy for engineering, The Royal Academy of Engineering brings together the most successful and talented engineers from across the engineering sectors for a shared purpose: to advance and promote excellence in engineering.
Engineering Leadership Advanced Awards help ambitious and inspiring engineering undergraduates to become leadership role models for the next generation of engineers and undertake an accelerated personal development programme.
Awardees will receive:
- assistance from the Academy to create personal development plans, enabling awardees to plan the use of their awards in the short term, and outline their intentions in the medium and long term
- £5,000 to enable them to act on their personal development plans over a period of three years
- an annual training and networking weekend at which all the current award holders from the different year groups are brought together
The initial sum is sent after a personal development plan has been approved. The remaining funding is paid following approval of annual reports and updated personal development plans as needed
All questions should be sent to Jacqueline Clay , Programme Manager - Research and University Programmes, Jacqueline.Clay@raeng.org.uk