ScottishPower are looking to sponsor highly motivated students who have a desire to work in the power industry and:
- Must be in possession of, or expect to receive, a Bachelor with Honours at a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) or Master’s degree from a recognised university on submission of the application. If the applicant is still in the final year of the academic course 2020-2021, the grant will be contingent upon the applicant securing the university degree at the determined level at the end of the academic cycle in June/July 2021.
- Applicants must follow the usual procedure for enrolling at the UK University they wish to attend.
- Applications submitted by students who have not applied for enrolment at the UK University will be rejected during the selection process.
- Applicants may not receive any remuneration or wages or be in receipt of any scholarship, financial aid or other award of a similar nature from institutions and public or private foundations during the period that the scholarship is awarded for.
- Applications presented by candidates with a grade average during the pursuit of the degree lower than "upper second class honours” for universities in the UK will be rejected.
- Candidates who have previously been awarded a ScottishPower or its Foundation scholarship are excluded from assessment.