ScottishPower are looking to sponsor highly motivated students who have a desire to work in the power industry and:
- Have an Honours Degree or Master’s Degree. If you are in your final year of your degree the grant is contingent upon completion of the degree within the academic year
- Are EU citizens or have a permanent right to work in the UK after graduation
- Applicants must be in possession of a bachelor with honours or master’s degree from a recognised university on submission of the application. If the applicant is still in the final year of the academic course 2017-2018, the grant will be contingent upon whether the applicant secures the university degree at the end of the academic cycle in June/July 2018 with the same average grades or greater than the predicted grades at the time of the call for applications.
- Applicants must follow the usual procedure for enrolling at the UK University they wish to attend.
- Applications submitted by students who have not applied for enrolment at the UK University will be rejected during the selection process.
- Applicants may not receive any remuneration or wages or be in receipt of any scholarship, financial aid or other award of a similar nature from institutions and public or private foundations during the period that the scholarship is awarded for.
- Applications presented by candidates with a grade average during the pursuit of the degree lower than "upper second class honours” for universities in the UK will be rejected.
- Candidates who have previously been awarded a ScottishPower or its Foundation scholarship are excluded from assessment.