For further information contact:
W: HaSS Graduate School
How to apply
Candidates must first have an offer of admission, this is gained as follows:
- International self-funded students should first apply for admission onto a postgraduate research programme via the chosen subject area. Subject areas can be found on the Faculty’s Graduate School.
- Candidates must make contact with their potential supervisor. A list of supervisors can be found under each subject area.
- Candidates must apply for October 2022 entry.
- Candidates should enter “Dean’s Global Research Award” in the funding section of the application form.
- Once a candidate has an offer of admission, and have accepted the offer, they may apply for the Dean’s Global Research Award.
Candidates must then apply for the award, as follows:
- Supervisor’s supporting statement
The candidate should make contact by email with the member of Strathclyde University staff who is their potential primary supervisor and request a supporting statement which recommends them for this award. Potential supervisors’ areas of research expertise can be found on the PhD programme pages of each subject on the Strathclyde University website.
- Candidate’s supporting statement
Candidates should also submit their own brief statement (350 words maximum), explaining why they wish to apply for the award, and their suitability, with reference to the above criteria.
Candidates are required to submit both the supporting statements to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 27 April 2022.
To read how we process personal data, applicants can review our 'Privacy Notice for Student Applicants and Potential Applicants' on our Privacy notices' web page.