To apply for a Dean's International Excellence Award - Postgraduate Taught: Humanities & Social Sciences, candidates must:
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the UK by the start of the academic year in September/October 2021.
- Have an offer of study for a full time, postgraduate, Humanities and Social Sciences programme at the University of Strathclyde.
- Have paid the tuition fee deposit before 14 September 2021.
We’ve reviewed and extended the deadline for deposit payments due to the ongoing global pandemic. This ensures our future students have the opportunity to meet the scholarship conditions by 14 September 2021.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants must meet all of the above eligibility criteria to be considered for this scholarship.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2021/2022 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria throughout their studies.
- The number of scholarships available and amount awarded is subject to change.
- Students receiving discounted tuition fees from partner universities are not eligible.
- The value of each scholarship will be £4,000. The scholarship will be awarded towards the payment of a student’s tuition fee, subject to academic progression.
- Students who have an offer of study for a postgraduate taught course in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences will be notified if they qualify for the award.
- Once the tuition fee deposit has been paid, students will receive a scholarship letter confirming the award and the amount of the award. The letter can be used to confirm fees due as part of the Tier 4 Student Visa application.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to engage with student ambassador activities during their course of study, such as supporting student recruitment activities and events.
- Students who defer their offer of admission will not be eligible.
- Students who transfer to a degree out with the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences will no longer be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis. Awards may be allocated early in the application cycle.
- Students are only eligible to hold one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences’ decision on the awarding of scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.