In order to be considered for a Data Lab Scholarship, candidates must:
- Right to live and work in the UK AND whose ordinary place of residence has been in Scotland for at least three years (not in full-time education) holding an offer of admission for the MSc Urban Policy & Analysis or MSc Data Science for Politics & Policymaking in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences for 2021/22 academic year
- EU citizens who have not received pre-settlement status are no longer eligible to apply
- Hold, or be on track, to receive a minimum of a second-class undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Reference the 'Data Lab Scholarship' within the personal statement section of the application form.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must meet all of the above eligibility criteria to be considered for a Data Lab scholarship.
- Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will be notified within four weeks of the closing date of 14th July 2021.
- The awards are available for full time, on campus study only.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2021/2022 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria.
- Successful candidates will be selected on their statement of motivation on the application form.
- Successful recipients are expected to engage with a programme of events with Data Lab and complete an online MOOC in Data Ethics, AI and Responsible Innovation as part of their studies. More information can be found on Data Lab website.
- The deadline for consideration is 14 July 2021.
- The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences decision on the awarding of the scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.