The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Alumni Scholarship is open to all Strathclyde undergraduate alumni that undertake a full-time postgraduate taught course in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.*
The level of scholarship you are entitled to is dependent on the fees listed for your programme of study.
Programmes with fees up to £7,700 are entitled to a scholarship of 15% off full-time fees.
Programmes with fees over £7,700 are entitled to a scholarship of 20% off full-time fees.
Terms and conditions
- The LLB Graduate entry and Diploma in Professional Legal Practice applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2021/2022 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria throughout their studies.
- The number of scholarships available and amount awarded is subject to change.
- Students receiving discounted tuition fees from partner universities are not eligible.
- The value of each scholarship is outlined above. The scholarship will be awarded towards the payment of a student’s tuition fee, subject to academic progression.
- Students who have an offer of study for a postgraduate taught course in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences will be notified if they qualify for the award.
- Once the tuition fee deposit has been paid, students will receive a scholarship letter confirming the award and the amount of the award. The letter can be used to confirm fees due as part of the Tier 4 Student Visa application.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to engage with student ambassador activities during their course of study, such as supporting student recruitment activities and events.
- Students who defer their offer of admission will not be eligible.
- Students who transfer to a degree out with the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences will no longer be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis. Awards may be allocated early in the application cycle.
- Students are only eligible to hold one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences’ decision on the awarding of scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.
- *Graduates from Glasgow Caledonian University applying for the MSc Health History are eligible for this scholarship.