The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Alumni Scholarship is open to all Strathclyde undergraduate alumni that undertake a full-time postgraduate taught course in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.*
The level of scholarship you are entitled to is dependent on the fees listed for your programme of study.
Programmes with fees up to £7,700 are entitled to a scholarship of 15% off full-time fees.
Programmes with fees over £7,700 are entitled to a scholarship of 20% off full-time fees.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants to the Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), LLB Graduate Entry and Diploma in Professional Legal Practice are not eligible for this scholarship, however, graduates from these programmes are eligible for this Alumni scholarship when applying to other postgraduate programmes offered by the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2021/2022 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria throughout their studies.
- The number of scholarships available and amount awarded is subject to change.
- Students receiving discounted tuition fees from partner universities are not eligible.
- The value of each scholarship is outlined above. The scholarship will be awarded towards the payment of a student’s tuition fee, subject to academic progression.
- Students who have an offer of study for a postgraduate taught course in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences will be notified if they qualify for the award.
- Once the tuition fee deposit has been paid, students will receive a scholarship letter confirming the award and the amount of the award. The letter can be used to confirm fees due as part of the Tier 4 Student Visa application.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to engage with student ambassador activities during their course of study, such as supporting student recruitment activities and events.
- Students who defer their offer of admission will not be eligible.
- Students who transfer to a degree out with the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences will no longer be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis. Awards may be allocated early in the application cycle.
- Students are only eligible to hold one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences’ decision on the awarding of scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.
- *Graduates from Glasgow Caledonian University applying for the MSc Health History are eligible for this scholarship.