To be considered for the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences International Scholarship applicants should have a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their undergraduate degree.
Dean's International Excellence Awards
To be considered for a Dean’s International Excellence Award, students are required to demonstrate academic excellence (usually a UK first-class undergraduate degree or international equivalent), and the potential both to make a significant contribution to the Strathclyde community during their studies and in their chosen profession upon graduation (assessed by information provided in the scholarship application form). The deadline for applications for the Dean’s International Excellence Award is 30 November 2022.
Important things to note
- Applications are now being accepted and completed application forms should be submitted as early as possible.
- To be considered for a scholarship an applicant must hold an offer to study a full-time attendance course in the 2022/23 academic year.
- The value of the postgraduate taught scholarship award is equivalent to a 20% reduction of your tuition fees.
- Postgraduate taught applicants who wish to be considered for the Dean’s International Excellence Award must apply by no later than 30 November 2022.
- The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences International Scholarships are only open for self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying applicants enrolling on a full-time course. Those who receive full sponsorship from a government office or embassy are not eligible to apply.
- Online and blended learning programmes are not eligible for these scholarships.
- Students are only eligible for one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2022/ 2023 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to engage with student ambassador activities during their course of study, such as supporting student recruitment activities and events.
- The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences’ decision on the awarding of scholarships is final.