Please apply to these funds if you fit the following criteria:
- Mature students in the Law School at Strathclyde University, or, prospective mature students applying to study in the Law School at Strathclyde University.
- Current or prospective students at Strathclyde University Law School must be of 25 years or older by the time of the deadline for submitting an application to the John Fitzsimons Memorial Fund.
- UK and non-UK residents are eligible to apply.
- Awards will be made to assist with the costs associated with study on an instructional (i.e. taught) programme taught in the Law School at either under-graduate or post-graduate level (eg LLM, MSc, LLB etc). For a full list of under-graduate and post- courses provided by the Law School
- Current or prospective research students (e.g. PhD or MPhil) will not be eligible to apply. Current or prospective students pursuing a joint course with the Law School and another School/Department will not be eligible to apply. Current or prospective postgraduate research students are encouraged to apply to the wide range of funding opportunities offered for study in the Law School.
- Current registered Strathclyde University UK/Home students who are experiencing financial difficulty during the course of their studies at Strathclyde should apply to a number of different resources depending on their circumstances, namely: The Discretionary Fund,The Childcare Fund and The Emergency Aid Fund.
The Selection Committee shall have regard to:
- academic merit
- financial need in the context of personal circumstances
- evidence of strong interest in the areas of John Fitzsimons’ work namely: Criminal Law and / or Jurisprudence, and/or cognate areas
- the availability of other awards to assist with living costs and/or tuition fees
Successful applicants to the John Fitzsimons Memorial Fund are expected to take up the offer of a place in the next academic session commencing in September of the same calendar year.
The Law School has a wide range of funding opportunities so if you're a current or prospective postgraduate research student looking for funding, take a look at our scholarship search to find something suitable.