To apply for a SEERIL scholarship, candidates must:
- SEERIL Scholarships are open to all qualifying academic institutions and their students free of charge. A ‘qualifying academic institution’ is one where at least one member or adjunct member of the faculty is a member of the IBA and a SEERIL committee. There is no requirement for the IBA member of the faculty to be involved in the teaching or supervision of the applicant.
- Students may only submit one application.
- Employees of the IBA or officers of any IBA committee are excluded from entering.
- Applications will be assessed primarily on the basis of the following:
- The extent to which the studies involve energy and natural resources law research;
- The credentials of the applicant, illustrated on the basis of previous study result and letter(s) of recommendation; and
- The need of the applicant.