In order to be considered for a Data Lab Scholarship, candidates must:
- Hold an offer of admission for the MSc Advanced Computer Science (January start) in the Faculty of Science for 2021/22 academic year.
- Be classed as home for tuition fee purposes.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must meet all of the above eligibility criteria to be considered for a Data Lab scholarship.
- Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will be notified within two weeks of the closing date of 30th November 2021.
- The awards are available for full time, on campus study only.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2021/22 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria.
- To receive the scholarship, students will be required to follow a Big Data/ Artificial Intelligence curriculum including, but not limited to, modules such as:
- CS 982 Big Data Technologies
- CS 549 Distributed Information Systems
- CS 985 Machine Learning for Data Analytics
- CS 826 Deep Learning Theory and Practice
- Successful candidates will be selected on their statement of motivation.
- Successful recipients are expected to engage with a programme of events with Data Lab and complete an online MOOC in Data Ethics and Responsible Innovation as part of their studies. More information can be found on Data Lab website.
- The deadline for consideration is 30th November 2021.
- The Faculty of Science’s decision on the awarding of the scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.