In order to be considered for a Data Lab Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a Scottish or EU fee-paying student holding an offer of admission for the MSc Advanced Computer Science with Big Data or MSc Artificial Intelligence and Applications in the Faculty of Science for 2020/21 academic year.
- Hold, or be on track, to receive a minimum of a second-class undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must meet all of the above eligibility criteria to be considered for a Data Lab scholarship.
- Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will be notified within four weeks of the closing date of 30th June 2020.
- The awards are available for full time, on campus study only.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2020/ 2021 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria.
- Successful candidates will be selected on their statement of motivation on the application form.
- Successful recipients are expected to engage with a programme of events with Data Lab and complete an online MOOC in Data Ethics, AI and Responsible Innovation as part of their studies. More information can be found on Data Lab website.
- The deadline for consideration is 30 June 2020.
- The Faculty of Science’s decision on the awarding of the scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.