In order to be considered for a Faculty of Science Online Masters Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a new student holding an offer of admission for the online MSc in Applied Statistics in Health Sciences for the 2020/2021 academic year.
- Be self-funded. Students who receive full scholarships, for example from a government office or embassy, will not be eligible.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants must meet all of the above eligibility criteria to be considered for a Faculty of Science Online Masters Scholarship.
- Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will be notified within four weeks of receiving their offer of admission.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in year one of the online MSc in Applied Statistics in Health Sciences in the 2020/ 2021 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria throughout their studies.
- The online MSc in Applied Statistics in Health Sciences is studied part-time over three years. The scholarship will be awarded towards the payment of a student’s tuition fee as a £500 award in each of the three years of study, subject to academic progression.
- Successful candidates will be selected on their academic performance (current and/ or previously gained) and any relevant extra-curricular or professional experience.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to engage with online student ambassador activities during their course of study, such as supporting online student recruitment activities.
- The awards are available for the online MSc in Applied Statistics in Health Sciences only, on campus masters degrees are not eligible.
- Students who defer their offer of admission will not be eligible.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis. The deadline for consideration is 31 July 2020.
- Students are only eligible to hold one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- The Faculty of Science's decision on the awarding of scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.