In order to be considered for a Faculty of Science Undergraduate International Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a new, international (non-EU) fee-paying student holding an offer of admission for either year one, or year two entry, to a full-time undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Science for the 2020/2021 academic year.
- Have achieved excellent grades to date in their academic studies.
- Be self-funded. Students who receive full scholarships, for example from a government office or embassy, will not be eligible.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants must meet all of the above eligibility criteria to be considered for a Faculty of Science Undergraduate International Scholarship.
- Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will be notified within four weeks of receiving their offer of admission.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2020/ 2021 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria throughout their studies.
- The value of each scholarship will be between £2,000 and £5,000 per year of study. The scholarship will be awarded towards the payment of a student’s tuition fee, subject to academic progression.
- Successful candidates will be selected on their academic performance (current and/ or previously gained) and any relevant extra-curricular or professional experience. The allocation and value of awards will be based on the Faculty of Science’s strategic priorities.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to engage with student ambassador activities during their course of study, such as supporting student recruitment activities and events.
- Students who defer their offer of admission will not be eligible.
- Students who transfer to a degree out with the Faculty of Science will no longer be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis. Awards may be allocated early in the application cycle.
- The deadline for consideration is 31 July 2020.
- Students are only eligible to hold one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- The Faculty of Science's decision on the awarding of scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.