In order to receive a Faculty of Science Undergraduate Scholarship for students from England, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and Wales, students must:
- Be a new student, enrolling in a full-time undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Science for the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Achieve a minimum of BBB at A Level (or equivalent).
- Be from England, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or Wales, paying a tuition fee of £9,250 annually.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants must meet all of the eligibility criteria in order to receive a Faculty of Science Undergraduate Scholarship for students from England, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and Wales.
- Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will receive an email confirming their award and payment information following their registration at the University and before the end of September 2022.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2022/2023 academic year and continue to meet all of the eligibility criteria throughout their studies.
- The £1,000 scholarship will be awarded in each year that a student pays a tuition fee of £9,250. The £1,000 will be paid as a cash award in three instalments across the year of award. Continued payment of the scholarship is subject to academic progression.
- Where a student does not have A Level qualifications (for example students with Irish Leaving Certificates), the A level equivalence will be calculated using UCAS Tariff Points (120 tariff points) based on the qualifications a student holds at equivalent level to A Level. In the case of Irish Leaving Certificates this will be Higher Level Certificates.
- Students who defer their offer of admission will not be eligible.
- Students who transfer to a degree out with the Faculty of Science will no longer be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- The Faculty of Science's decision on the awarding of scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.
- Students can combine this award with the Strathclyde Excellence Scholarship, the Strathclyde Accommodation Bursary and the Strathclyde Access Bursary.