In order to receive a Faculty of Science Undergraduate Scholarship for students from England, Wales or Northern Ireland, students must:
- Be a new student, enrolling in a full-time undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Science for the 2020/2021 academic year.
- Achieve a minimum of BBB at A Level (or equivalent).
- Be from England, Wales or Northern Ireland paying a tuition fee of £9,250 annually.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants must meet all of the above eligibility criteria in order to receive a Faculty of Science Undergraduate Scholarship for students from England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will receive an email confirming their award and payment information following their registration at the University and before the end of September 2020.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2020/ 2021 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria throughout their studies.
- The £1,000 scholarship will be awarded in each year that a student pays a tuition fee of £9,250. The £1,000 will be paid as a cash award in three instalments across the year of award, with the first payments in September 2020, February 2021, and May 2021. Continued payment of the scholarship is subject to academic progression.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to engage with student ambassador activities during their course of study, such as supporting student recruitment activities and events.
- Students who defer their offer of admission will not be eligible.
- Students who transfer to a degree out with the Faculty of Science will no longer be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- The Faculty of Science's decision on the awarding of scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.
- Students can combine this award with the Strathclyde Excellence Scholarship, the Strathclyde Accommodation Bursary and the Strathclyde Access Bursary.