Candidates interested in applying for these prestigious scholarships will be invited by our SBS Admissions team to complete a DataLab application form. This will be provided once scholarship eligibility has been confirmed.
- Only students who have right to live and work in the UK, AND whose ordinary place of residence has been in Scotland for at least three years (not in full-time education) can apply for The Data Lab MSc scholarships. EU citizens who have not received pre-settlement status are no longer eligible to apply. For more guidance on eligibility please refer to: http://www.sfc.ac.uk/web/FILES/eu/SFC_Brexit_Update.pdf
- Minimum second-class Honours degree, or overseas equivalent in accounting, economics, business studies or a subject area with a strong quantitative component. The programme requires no prior knowledge of finance.
- Final year undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
- All students in receipt of a scholarship must successfully complete an online MOOC in Data Ethics, AI and Responsible Innovation as part of their studies.
- Attendance at Data Lab Events expected.
- Students will be required to attend introductory sessions in Mid-September.
- Applicants must have an offer of a place on the programme.
The MOOC is a new requirement imposed by The Data Lab as a condition of scholarship. It is hosted by the University of Edinburgh and will take 2-3 hours per week, over a period of five weeks: https://www.edx.org/course/Data-Ethics-AI-and-Responsible-Innovation.