Candidates interested in applying for these prestigious scholarships are required to provide a brief statement (up to 300 words) which should clearly articulate their interest in the growing area of data science and analytics and their reasons for applying for the scholarship.
- Minimum second-class Honours degree, or overseas equivalent in accounting, economics, business studies or a subject area with a strong quantitative bias. The programme requires no prior knowledge of finance.
- Final year undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
- Strictly Scottish/EU students only.
- All students in receipt of a scholarship must successfully complete an online MOOC in Data Ethics, AI and Responsible Innovation as part of their studies.
- Attendance at Data Lab Events expected.
- Students will be required to attend introductory sessions in Mid-September.
- Applicants must have an offer of a place on the programme.
The MOOC is a new requirement imposed by The Data Lab as a condition of scholarship. It is hosted by the University of Edinburgh and will take 2-3 hours per week, over a period of five weeks: https://www.edx.org/course/Data-Ethics-AI-and-Responsible-Innovation.